The KellerLife Process: Unwavering support throughout the continuum of care
Eating disorders are serious, potentially life-threatening conditions that are complex, multifaceted and unique to each individual. Whether you or your loved one are suffering from anorexia, bulimia or binge eating disorder, we know that everyone's story surrounding the eating disorder is unique. At the same time, our experts recognize there are similar characteristics that are a part of any eating disorder, and that the symptoms need to be treated with care and compassion. Most eating disorders are accompanied by another co-occurring disorder, such as anxiety, depression, trauma, or a substance use disorder.
For these reasons, treating eating disorders successfully requires a medical, therapeutic, and nutritional approach that is tailored to the specific needs of each patient. It also depends on a process that enables our experienced eating disorder professionals to:
- Identify the needs of the patient and her support system
- Welcome, educate, guide and empower you
- Address your needs appropriately through treatment
- Support your recovery efforts following our residential treatment
A process that goes above just treating the symptoms to maximize a full and sustainable recovery from an eating disorder
At KellerLife, we developed our programs and process to help you overcome your eating disorder and embrace the life God intended. We are dedicated to going the extra mile for you with every step in our process.
- Admissions – Starting with the initial phone call, our caring, knowledgeable eating disorder professionals help you or your loved one through admissions with the personal guidance and the assistance you need. We recognize it takes courage to call and make an inquiry, and gathering all the information needed can be stressful. From acquiring medical records, to determining insurance benefits, we will do all we can to take the burden off of your shoulders. We will do the footwork so you can concentrate all of your energy on making an informed decision about your treatment.
- Clinical Assessment – To ensure that our eating disorder treatment specialists provide the most appropriate and effective care for your needs, we begin with a thorough assessment that helps us fully understand your situation. We make no assumptions and don’t create cookie-cutter treatment plans. The assessment is the foundation for an individulized treatment plan that takes into account all the factors involved in getting you or your loved one the help you need.
- Treatment – Treatment for eating disorders at KellerLife is evidence-based and faith-integrated. Our Restorative Model, created by Executive Director and Certified Eating Disorder Specialist, Dr. Kari Anderson, focuses on restoring the whole person to health and well-being. The Restorative Model is rooted in many of the same principles that our founder, Ward Keller, and his team utilized in the original Remuda Ranch treatment model - which helped thousands of women achieve lasting recovery and embrace the life God intended.
- Recovery – The goal of treatment is full recovery, that is sustainable - and we’re focused on it from the first time we talk with you. Treatment provides a structured environment to allow for letting go of ineffective behaviors and developing skills to live a more vibrant, rewarding life. Toward the end of treatment, we transition you to a less structured, more exposure-based program aimed at building those skills. After treatment, we provide the follow-up, aftercare and support of your other existing or new providers that are essential to sustaining your recovery success.